• Another Little Piece
  • Dangerous Girls
  • Dead Girls Dont Lie
  • Student Bodies
  • Dirty Little Secret
  • Sunbolt
  • Starglass
  • The Girl in the Wall
  • Insomnia
  • Peregrine Harker and the Black Death
  • If You Find Me
  • Since You Asked...
  • Blurred
  • The Summer I Became a Nerd
  • Cold Fury
  • Dare You To

Monday, October 28, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (#27)



October 29: Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers

There's a ton of beautiful and sleek covers out there, but one of the things you don't tend to see often is a spooky one. They were a bit hard to find, and might not be jump-out-of-your-seat scary (well, except for the last one which did give me a bit of shock o___o), but I'd like to think they were pretty creepy. Here are my ten for this week!



10. When the Sea Is Rising Red by Cat Hellison: Out of all of the dead bodies floating in water covers, this was the one that looked the creepiest to me.

9. 0.4 by Mike Lancaster: If the tentacles weren't there, this would pretty much be a sleek, but a bit boring cover of a hand. But the tentacles... O___o



8. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: The blood! The bones! The smile! The zombie!

7. The Evil Within by Nancy Holder: Her face just melts away... literally. Definitely an improvement from the paperback version of this series' first book.



6. Fire and Ash by Jonathan Maberry: Out of all of the Benny Imura books, I found that the zombies is this cover were the most vicious and creepy looking. So, there.

5. Unsouled by Neal Shusterman: This book's cover is a different type of creepy in the faces' blank expressions. It's not as gory or in-your-face, but I still definitely found it creepy.



4. The House of Dead Maids by Clare B. Dunkle: Usually I don't find most YA horror books' covers creepy because there's literally a blank looking but attractive girl looking into the distance. I liked this cover, though, because there's no stare because of a lack of eyes.

3. Troll's Eye View edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windline: Again, not exactly gory and in-your-face, but you have to admit that this troll's pretty creepy.



2. Tales of the Undead: Suffer Eternal (edited by Nathan J. D. L. Rodwark): Out of all the covers with zombies or the undead I've seen, I haven't seen one as angry looking (and creepy) as this one.

1: My number 1 actually comes from the same publisher and editor as #2. But after some thinking, I decided the title and cover of the book weren't exactly blog appropriate. But the book's cover is definitely incredibly creepy o___o

How about you guys? What are some of the creepiest covers you've seen? Feel free to link me to your own Top Ten if you did one too - I'd love to see what you guys have come up with! ^__^

7 comments:

  1. When the Red Sea is Rising is a great cover! I remember loving it when the book was first released. Definitely haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh creepy ones! The House of Dead Maids especially!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as we had Austen's delicate language, zombies and even ninjas. Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am scarred for life after seeing Tales of the Undead. WOAH. CREEPY. I had never seen House of Dead Maids before and it is ALL over everyone's TTT list so I'm very curious about it but THOSE DEAD EYES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seen 0.4 but it looks totally awesome!

    New bloglovin follower

    My Top Ten List!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tales of the Undead just creeps me out. Really odd and scary cover!

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-books-to-read-for-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These scary book covers are definitely doing what they set out to do; which is creep us the hell out!

    Here's Our List

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I love comments, whether you disagree or agree with me (: If you do comment, I'll try my best to respond ASAP and visit your blog too. Be sure to leave a link to your blog our post if you comment - I definitely want to check it out!